Friday, October 17, 2014

Rep. Cleaver ready for Royals sweep, challenges Pelosi

(From Fifth District Congressman Emanuel Cleaver)

We are colleagues and friends, but I could not resist the opportunity to take her down. Down to Gates BBQ that is, when the Kansas City Royals beat the San Francisco Giants in the World Series. The her, is Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi. As you know, I am not a gambling man. But the Royals going to the World Series for the first time in almost 3 decades, is worth participating in a friendly wager, don't you think?

Here's how it lays out. If (WHEN) the Royals win, Congresswoman Pelosi will provide to me the best chocolates available in all of San Francisco. If (NOT) the Giants win, I must get her a President's Platter from Gates BBQ. You know I never pass up a chance to brag about Missouri's Fifth District and show off our world famous food here. But, again, since we're making exceptions, this time I am hoping to never provide her with a single taste of this platter.

What does she have to say about all of this? "There are many savory delights that Kansas City has to offer and I can't wait to savor them, but nothing would be sweeter than a Giants victory. In that spirit, I wager a bountiful basket of San Francisco chocolates," said Leader Pelosi. "The Royals are a fine team, but they are no match for the talent, toughness, and heart of our Giants. I look forward to enjoying the Giants' latest championship with some fine Kansas City BBQ."

We really can't be mad at her, can we? She is making the same mistake others from the coasts tend to make at times. She is underestimating what we are capable of doing here. Underestimating the talent of this team, their spirit, and their skill. She does so, as do all others, at their own peril.

I look forward to sharing with you some chocolates from San Fran. Go Royals!

No comments:

Post a Comment