Thursday, May 2, 2019

MSSU softball senior receives Academic Excellence and Outstanding Graduate awards


(From MSSU Lions Athletic News)

Missouri Southern softball player Angel Badalamenti (catcher) was recognized by the Plaster School of Business for her success in the major of marketing with the 2018-19 Academic Excellence and Outstanding Graduate awards.

The Academic Excellence honor is presented to graduating seniors with an overall 4.0 grade point average while becoming an outstanding graduate depends on the vote of the PSB faculty.

"I was completely surprised to receive the outstanding graduate award. It's super humbling to know that my professors view me so highly and wanted to choose me to represent the marketing department," Badalamenti said.

The Wentzville, Mo. native has proven herself inside the classroom in her four years at Southern becoming a four-time MIAA Academic honor roll recipient on top of reaching MIAA Scholar Athlete and NFCA All-America Scholar-Athlete honor roll status and acting on behalf of the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee as secretary and vice president.








"I grew up with a competitive attitude, wanting to win with everything - from grade school spelling bees, to performance in athletics, to grades in the classroom, so a 4.0 is like the expectation I've always had for myself," Badalamenti explained. "Year to year, I didn't think too much about it, but looking back, I'm really proud of the work I've put in to achieve it. It's pretty cool."

The senior plans on to move back to Wentzville and begin an entry level marketing or sales position with multiple opportunities in the St. Louis area.

No comments:

Post a Comment