Monday, December 23, 2013

Boston College assistant named new MSSU volleyball coach

(From MSSU Lions Club)

Missouri Southern director of athletics Jared Bruggeman has announced that John Napier will be the new head volleyball coach at Missouri Southern. Napier will officially begin his duties at Southern in January. 
Napier comes to Southern after a season as an assistant coach at Division I Boston College, almost a decade at Northern Arizona and six years at his alma mater, The University of Akron. 
"I'd like to thank athletic director Jared Bruggeman, assistant athletic director Rachel Burleson, the volleyball players, the entire search committee and all those who have given me this terrific opportunity," Napier said. "I feel all the pieces are in place to win here. The team has been good in the past and I will work hard to get back on track. I believe we can build a program here that will be fun to watch as well as represent the school and community in a positive light. I'm looking forward to being part of the Lion's staff and I'm excited to get started."
Napier's previous Division-I coaching experience includes six years as the top assistant at the University of Akron in Ohio and almost a decade as the volunteer and full-time assistant at Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff, Arizona.
Throughout his time at Akron, he also served for three years as the co-director and coach of the Akron Canton Elite (A.C.E.) Junior Olympic volleyball club where he was the head coach of the 17s team. Other head coaching experience includes three years as the women's All Air Force indoor and beach coach and one year as the men's indoor and beach coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment