Monday, August 3, 2015

MSSU assistant basketball coach takes job at Benedictine

(From MSSU Lions Athletic News)

Missouri Southern head basketball coach Jeff Boschee has announced that Todd Johnston has left the program to take a position as a graduate assistant coach with Benedictine College.

Johnston spent the 2014-15 season as an assistant coach for Boschee, helping the Lions to a 20-win season and the team's second-straight appearance in the MIAA Tournament finale.

"I would like to thank Todd for his contribution to our program," Boschee said. "Benedictine College is getting a great individual who works his tail off and has a bright future in this business. It's hard to see him go, but this is a great move for his career. Coach (Ryan) Moody is getting a good one!"

Johnston played collegiately at Cloud Community College for a season, before transferring to Baker University where he was a three-year letter winner. He helped Baker to the NAIA Division I National Tournament in his first season when the team finishing 21-12 overall. His senior season, Johnston was a team captain and averaged ten points per game, while shooting 92 percent from the free-throw line.

Benedictine is an NAIA institution located in Atchinson, Kan. that competes in the Heart of America Athletic Conference.

"I want to thank Coach Boschee for allowing me to start my coaching career at Missouri Southern," Johnston said. "I couldn't have asked for a better coaching staff to learn and grow under. I look forward to applying the experiences I had at Southern to my next job. I'm excited to continue coaching at Benedictine College with Coach (Ryan) Moody and pursue my master's degree. I'm very thankful for the opportunity and hope to continue the success the program has had over the past several years."

No comments:

Post a Comment