Sunday, July 30, 2017

John Elway to Allen Barbre: We're really happy to have you here in Denver

The Broncos Sports Network features an interview with former Missouri Southern State University and East Newton High School football standout Allen Barbre about the roller coaster ride that took him from the Philadelphia Eagles to Denver:

Suddenly, our conversation is interrupted by some guy named John.

“Welcome, man,” he said. “Really happy to have you.”

Barbre greeted the man graciously before politely returning to our interview.

“I can’t ask them to put me into a position to play if I’m not confident enough to go out there and perform.”

After finishing the thought, though, he was understandably brought back to that interaction.

“I’ve grown up always watching the team be successful, and I watched Mr. [John] Elway,” he said, his eyes suddenly rejuvenated. “It’s a neat thing to play for an organization like this, and I’m excited about it.”

“It’s kinda like meeting Favre for the first time, too, when I was a rookie,” he added, now with the smile of one of those rookies on their first day. “I was running scout team across from Favre. Elway is just one of those guys that you have a lot of respect for.”


No comments:

Post a Comment